Rules and Regulations
Terms and Conditions
Participation in Live Events has risks and hazards including risks associated with the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 including property damage, illness, personal injury, and even death. As a participant in this Event, I agree to have my guests, or anyone who attends in my vehicle as part of my cohort, read and agree to the following information.
- I acknowledge and voluntarily assume all the risks, including legal risks, and hazards that arise from my participation this Event. I waive my right to commence a legal action against the Big Art Drive-in, Big Art, or SAIT if I, or any of my children, family members or guests, suffer any damage, illness, injury, loss or death from participating in this Event. I further waive any claim I may have against the Big Art Drive-in arising from my participation in this Event, however it is caused, and I agree to indemnify and hold harmless RISE UP, Bird Creatives, and Big Art Drive-in from all claims arising from my participation in the event.
COVID-19 Specific Rules
- DO NOT COME TO THE EVENT IF YOU ARE SYMPTOMATIC, HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN INFECTED OR SOMEONE WHO IS SYMPTOMATIC, HAVE TRAVELLED OUTSIDE OF CALGARY RECENTLY, ARE STILL IN QUARANTINE, RECENTLY RELEASED FROM QUARANTINE, AND/OR BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19. This is for everyone’s protection. Please be responsible.
- There are temporary washroom facilities on-site, sanitized in accordance with current AHS guidelines. However, public washrooms are considered a high-risk facility for infection, so please refrain from using these facilities unless absolutely necessary. Please follow all posted rules and regulations and maintain physical distancing. Masks are mandatory at all times when using these indoor facilities.
Standard Rules and Regulations for Guests
- KEEP YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE. It is your only proof of paid admission. Barcodes must be produced when requested by staff. Individuals entering the site by means other than ticket gate are trespassers; their entire party will be evicted without refund.
- THE SPEED LIMIT is 5 km/h, before moving your vehicle, please check immediately before and after to be sure the area is clear of people and objects from you and your neighbour’s vehicles. Wait for the lights to come up to full brightness so you can see more clearly and be watchful for other guests and staff.
- VEHICLE LIGHTS must remain off during the experience. Parking lights are acceptable when parking or exiting after dark. However, headlights and daytime running lights must remain off once the experience begins.
- INTERIOR LIGHTS are a distraction to others (including pick up truck bed lights), please limit their usage, this also applies to other light sources such as media players, infotainment systems, mobile device screens, other digital device screens, and accent lighting. Be sure to uncover or reactivate your lights before exiting.
- When PARKING your vehicle, please be sure you park at least 2m from the next vehicle. Ushers will help you find your designated spot. If you’re driving anything larger than a conventional car, please check to be sure you are not blocking the view of a previously parked vehicle near you. If in doubt, be polite and ask. Management reserves the right to assign your position for any reason. A fire safety lane has to be maintained around the site, do not park anywhere other than your designated spot.
- PATIOS – If you are utilizing our “patios,” place your blankets and chairs inside the fenced area and do not hang any items on the fence. Do not leave children unattended. Do not bring any coolers, portable stoves, or other “camping” style equipment with you. These spaces are meant for a chair with accessories and personal items. Dress weather appropriate for patios as they do not have any coverings. Some events require patios to be 18+ only due to alcohol service, please have your ID ready upon arrival. We do have the right to turn minors away for 18+ patios.
- Persons are not allowed upon the roof of vehicles.
- NO CASH REFUNDS. Passes will only be given upon OFFICIAL CANCELLATION of scheduled events BEFORE the experience is completed as a result of the loss of electric power, severe fog, or other unforeseen weather conditions or equipment failure.
- Keep your radio tuned to the FM station listed on the screens. This information will also be available on the website and social media channels. If you elect to play your own music before experience, you must keep the volume down so as not to disturb other patrons. This applies in particular to subwoofers.
- NO ALCOHOL, CANNABIS OR ILLEGAL DRUGS IN ANY FORM. If we witness usage or anyone disrupting others that appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be asked to leave the site immediately. Calgary Police Services will be called at our discretion.
- EMISSIONS – Vehicles emitting excessive fumes may be asked to leave the site. We reserve the right to have you turn off the vehicle or re-position you to another area if you run your engine during the movie for heating or air-conditioning, and we receive complaints from others around you. Vehicles with fuel leaks may be asked to relocate or leave the site at management’s discretion. We understand you may need to run your vehicle from time-to-time in order to stay warm or cool, so please use common sense and restraint. Idling vehicles pollute the air.
- Insurance regulations PROHIBIT OPEN FLAMES from guests of any kind. Items such as candles, fireworks & sparklers are forbidden.
- NO VULGAR or PROFANE LANGUAGE nor LOUD VOICES, as this is a family atmosphere.
- PETS ARE PROHIBITED.
- Laser pointers are prohibited, their use will result in ejection from the site—no shining of any lights on-screen during the experience.
- Please refrain from using your car horn, as we are located in a residential area.
- Video recording and photography of the on-screen experience is prohibited. Film piracy is a federal crime; if caught, you will be reported to the authorities. When deemed legal, and appropriate, by the experienced promoter, you may record the on-stage experience. Please refer to the website for more information on a particular experience.
- Please dispose of your trash properly in waste receptacles. In order to avoid excess trash from these experiences, we ask you to use biodegradable and/or recyclable containers and take them home with you.
- VANDALISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Vandalism and willful acts of destruction will result in expulsion from the site without a refund; Calgary Police Services will be called at our discretion.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED.
- IN GENERAL, SIMPLE COMMON SENSE AND COURTESY WILL PREVAIL- WE CONSIDER “YOUR VEHICLE TO BE YOUR CASTLE” PLEASE RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBOUR AND OUR PROPERTY.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
Your use of this ticket constitutes an acknowledgement of your willingness to appear in photographs and videos taken in public areas of the venue, releases The DRIVE-IN, and all affiliates, from liability resulting from the use of such photographs or videos and grants The DRIVE-IN, and all affiliates, the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or reuse photographs and videos, without further compensation. Bearer of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and damages incidental to visiting the venue for which the ticket is issued.
NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. In the event of show cancellation by management due to severe weather, mechanical breakdown or unforeseen circumstances prior to showtime, with less than 60 minutes of run time on a single feature, or during the first feature of a double feature, a full refund will be offered. Tickets are non-transferable, and management reserves the right to refuse entry.